Sunday, January 11, 2009

Better Late than Never and a Fun Week

First a little more about Bedtime Stories - great movie! I would recommend it even if you don't have little kids to use an excuse. Skeeter is a handy man at a hotel but really wants to be able to run a hotel someday and has been overlooked for many years even though he does a great job. Skeeter has to take care of his niece and nephew for a few days while their mom is interviewing for a job. He starts telling them bedtime stories and the things that the kids say in the stories come true the next day. It's a nice story with a little bit of romance and some good laughs. The good guy wins and the "bedtime stories" are very entertaining.

Ok - now onto the current topic. Mark's parents (my mother and father in-law) were supposed to leave Las Vegas on Tuesday morning at 7:00 am. Due to some parking issues, they arrived a bit late to the airport and were not able to board their flight. So...Northwest booked them on a flight later that afternoon. Originally they were to arrive at around 4:30 and this new flight did not get in until 9:50. Mark and I decided it would be easier for him to just stay at work in Milford and them leave from there to get to the airport and head home. Well, the weather was just awful - very icy and slippery and a lot of accidents. We are grateful that they all arrived at home in one piece about midnight.

On Wednesday, we gave them their Christmas present which was a Digital Frame for all the fun digital pictures that they've been taking. It's pretty cool if I do say so and I think I would like one for myself. They gave Mark and I books - The Last Lecture and The Christmas Sweater by Glenn Beck. I'm almost done with The Christmas Sweater and I'll review when I'm done. The kids received $20 each to spend as they wished....so on Thursday, we had to head to the mall to spend the money that was burning a hole in their pockets.

First stop was EB Games where M* and R* picked out games for their Nintendo DS. A* was looking for something also but really couldn't find anything that he had enough money for so he whined his way out of the store. Next stop was Bass Pro Shops where S* picked out a pocket knife for Scouting. We spent some time enjoying the fish at this store - the kids really love that. After that we walked around the mall to Justice where L* bought a cute t-shirt and A* decided on a Webkinz. Last stop was the Disney store where each of the kids (except S* because he thinks he's getting too old) picked out a t-shirt for our trip to Florida next week. L* also picked out a Goofy stuffed animal to spend the rest of her money on - like we need more of those :-)

This weekend we celebrated my nephew Cameron's 12th birthday with a family party and my brother's home. Today, Mark was ordained a High Priest by his father at church. He was called as 2nd Counselor in the Bishopric at church and so was also set apart in this calling today. He received a nice blessing from both his father and from President Kaski. The triplets also attended a program at church called Eight is Great which is for the kids that will be baptized this year. It's hard to believe that my little triplet babies are almost 8 years old. Time sure flies!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I think that having a digital picture frame would be really great too! And I don't even like taking pix. But I think I'd upload my cards on to one of those frames! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have read both those books. Loved Beck's story mainly cuz I wasn't ready for the events. Sad how because of that book, there's been such an outcry against. thanx for a new blog entry. My #2 daughter gave me a digital frame 2 years ago and it's still in the box. TODAY will be the day it gets loaded. Thanks for inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete